Founded in 1996, Thabyay Education Network is a Thailand-registered foundation providing higher and adult education services to support human development, peace and reconciliation in Southeast Asia, with a particular focus on Myanmar.
Thabyay’s programs are designed to support key community and civil society workers to acquire the skills, knowledge, networks and assistance to foster self-directed, sustainable development in their communities and the wider society.
Thabyay operates through a network of six interconnected departments.
Through 20 programs, these departments deliver a range of services including:
- Sourcing, fund-raising for, and administering university scholarships in the Asian region for qualified applicants from Myanmar, Cambodia and Laos.
- Negotiating with university partners in Asia to obtain fee waivers for scholarship beneficiaries.
- Providing educational support to help beneficiaries obtain the necessary qualifications to apply for university.
- Developing university information and application support networks to assist beneficiaries to identify, apply for, and gain acceptance to suitable university courses.
- Providing logistical and additional financial support to help scholarship beneficiaries benefit fully from the university experience.
- Sourcing and providing internships with development-oriented organizations across Asia for scholarship beneficiaries and key community and civil society workers to develop their skills and networks, and raise awareness of Myanmar among peer organizations in the region.
- Developing and distributing a wide range of context-appropriate learning materials for young adults to develop analytical skills, broaden perspectives and prepare for higher education.
- Providing training to teachers to promote active, analytical, learner-centered learning.
- Sourcing, placing and supporting teaching volunteers to upgrade the English language levels of beneficiaries in preparation of for higher education.
For more specific information, please visit the Thabyay Departments section.